Saturday, November 17, 2007

Baby Steps

Matt, Patricia and I welcome you to our blog. I decided to do this to allow all our friends and family to keep up with our house building, to welcome your comments and of course words of encouragement. I want to start this blog with a little bit of history. In August 2004 we purchased the orginal 24.508 acres of land with the hope of someday building a home on it. Matt went off to Iraq and as many of you know came home with a injured back. To say the least our hopes and dreams changed somewhat. At first we were just going to sell the whole place because he couldn't take care of the farming type chores anymore. But little by little God revealed to us we could still have our dream, just maybe not the way we had planned but the way he had planned all along.

Enough for history, here is where we are as of today. We have buyers for two lots of our land. We are keeping the 3 tract. The process of selling the lots has been harder than we had planned for but we are almost there. We go for our final plat approval on November 26, 2007 and we are excited. Today we met with the builder out at the land and decided how far to set the house from the road. It was funny to watch Patricia walk off where her room will be and sit down in what will be her room. She was pretending she was looking out her window. I plan to take some pictures tommorrow of the land before they start construction. I hope you will enjoy this blog as we go. We thought for many of you who are hundreds of miles away it will let you be and see whats going on in our world.

Bobbie

1 comment:

Southernbelle said...

I think it's great you are started a blog. We remember the beautiful land and it will be great seeing your dream house on it. Thanks for sharing your "memeory maker" as you start the challenge of building a home.
I'll be checking back often.
Love you,
Auntie & Uncle